Thursday, September 25, 2014

Happy Birthday to my DH!

Mornin' hens! Today is my DH's birthday!!  He likes CAS cards, so this one is right up his alley!  I got this idea from one of Kristina Werner's cards last month.  I could watch her videos over and over again.  LOL!  Ok, so to start, I cut a circle from a piece of cardstock the same size as the card front and used it as a mask.  Then, using distress inks, I sponged several colors inside the circle area for muted background. Before removing the mask, I used my Prismacolor pen and drew a fine black line around the circle for a more defined look.  Then I stamped my monster and colored him with Copics.


I stamped the sentiment underneath and added a few DIY enamel dots.  I could have called it a day at that point, but I wanted to add some birthday fun to the image, so I used a balloon from one of my Paper Smooches stamp set and stamped it on a scrap piece of cardstock and colored it with my Copics too!  I cut it out and adhered it to my card with some foam tape.  


Using the same Prismacolor pen I used to outline the circle, I freehand drew the balloon string to his hand.  I also added a shadow using colored pencils and Gamsol to ground the image.  To finish, I rounded the corners, added some Wink of Stella glitter and Glossy Accents to the balloon and then some white and black enamel to his eyes.  What a cutie, right?  Me luv it!!  Okee dokee, that's it for me today!  {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:


4 comments:

  1. Oh, is he a handsome looking little Cutie!!!! Love how you created the circle and then stamped your frog on top of the colors... never though to do that trick.....
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, Happy Birthday wishes to your DH. Love the funny frog/alien fella. A great CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this cute and fun monster card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo, oooo, look how cute this is. Again the one layer, plain and simple style!! Love it, love it!!! Hope you guys had a wonderful birthday celebration.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!