Friday, September 12, 2014

Can't wait to hug you!

Mornin' hens!  Here's a cute gift bag idea for you.  I made this little gift bag to take to Lil' Chick the day Jaxon is born!  Of course you all know I love kraft, and it's so simple to dress up a plain ol' kraft gift bag and make it look like something you might get from a speciality store.  


For this project, I purchased this larger gift bag at Michael's and then took an old gingham plaid Cracker Barrel gift bag and cut it into 2" wide strips.  I glued the strips together and then matted them to some kraft cardstock.  Then using my border punch, I added some scallops to both the top and bottom edge.  I adhered the scalloped gingham strip around the top section of the gift bag and then hot glued the raffia bow to the side.  


To finish, I stamped this cute little image onto some DP and fussy cut it out.  I paper pieced the image onto a scalloped circle I die cut from Kraft cardstock.  I added the sentiment, also from the same stamp set. and tied it onto the bag with some natural twine.  Suuh-weeeet!  Hope you hens have a GREAT day!  {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:


5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the gift bag and most especially the tag. I am a BIG hugger. ;) The 1st thing I wanted to do when my Grandson's where born was to hold and hug the sweet blessings. Sending hugs, Carol Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first Grand child will be one year old Oct. 10. We were never told what her name would be before her birth. How great that you know in advance his name. Yup, you are always so clever and spot on with your cards and yup...even bags. I was taken a little aback to see the stamp set to be $42...wow...surely that was a misprint. Anyhow....loving your bag from Michaels that you decorated and readying for baby Jaxon. Know you eagerly await!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cely,
      I've updated the link for the stamp set. At the time of this post, the set sells for $13.27 on Amazon. That's more like it, huh? LOL! Thank you for letting me know and for your sweet comments!! Love each and every one! Have a GREAT day!

      Delete
  3. KRAFT forever!!! And you ALWAYS add this "little something" that makes anything so special!
    Ohhh lalalalaaaa, Lil'Jaxon is gonna be more than s.p.o.i.l.e.d. by his Grand-Mama!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant idea. I almost always use a paper bag to put gifts in, cause I usually didn't give myself enough time to wrap the presents. I really must decorate the bags next time, or maybe i should do it now, then they are ready when i quickly grab a bag to put a gift in, lol! Very pretty and well done! I am sure you are going to love that little boy to death, hehehe!!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!