Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Father's Day card #2

Mornin' hens!  As promised, here is my second Father's Day card.  This one is for my Dad.  {grin}  He'll LOVE it!  I used another Paper Smooches set this time.  This one is called "Zoo Crew".  I started by stamping my images onto some Neenah Classic Crest CS and then colored them with my Copics.  Next, I cut them out and mounted them to this scene I created using both  October Afternoon's "Sidewalk" and My Minds Eye "Away We Go" collections.  I stamped the jungle leaf image onto the OA DP and created a hanging branch effect in the corner (ummm, since giraffes are always eating leaves, right?) and then using the same paper, I made a few hills for a nice ground effect as well.  I added the little picket fence behind the images using my MS border punch and then matted the whole panel with some SU Basic Black CS.  I drew some faux stitching lines around the outer edges and stamped the sentiment in the bottom right corner.  To finish, I sponged some distress ink along the bottom edge, tied on this cute striped grosgrain ribbon, and added some Glossy Accents to Dad's eye!!  Tee-hee!
Have a wonderful Father's Day to all the Dad's out there!  {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Stamps - Paper Smooches; Copics; DP - October Afternoon "Sidewalk" and My Minds Eye "Away We Go"; CS - SU Basic Black & River Rock, Neenah Classic Crest White; Glossy Accents; Martha Stewart Border Punch; Ribbon - Stamp Simply Ribbon

17 comments:

  1. Brilliant card - really made me smile! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that? Love the DP grass and leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just adorable... So cute!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well the entire scene is just adorable! Love how you finished it off with the stitching and the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tee hee. Wonderful card. I love that ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is utterly adorable! I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is adorable. Love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, I love the giraffe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jeanie...where are you? I miss your blogness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aah Jeanie, i just spent an hour browsing your blog, haven't been on any blogs for months and months. It was such a treat! I just LOVE your cards. Love it, love it, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute. I have never seen such beautiful design even in the Plastic cards printing and designing company. I really appreciate this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these little animals.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!