Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom!


Yeah, I know!  She gets back to back cards AND gifts!!  Lucky lady huh?  Now, you hens would probably not believe this, but little Marcie here from ByLoriDesigns looks just like me when I was little.  Curly reddish hair and a TOMBOY to say the least.  Oh yeah, dirt and me went hand in hand!  So I thought my Mom would get a kick out of this card for her birthday.

I wanted to do something a little different today, so I decided to make a tall card.  This card's measurements are 4' wide by 9.25' tall.  It fits perfectly into a Number 10 business envelope if that gives you an idea of the size.  It's pretty neat though and it gives you lots of design room too!  I printed the image onto some Neenah Classic Crest white CS and then colored it with my Copics.  I stitched the image to some SU Basic Black CS and then added it to this cute DP from October Afternoon's Farmhouse collection.  I matted each DP panel with the SU Basic Black CS and stitched with black thread as well.  To finish, I printed the sentiment from the Little Talk Sentiments set (also from ByLoriDesigns) and punched it out with my SU oval punch and added this cute gingham ribbon on top.   I hope she likes it!

Now be sure to pop over to the BLD website and take a gander at the rest of the BLD Design Team's eye candy for today!  {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Digital Image - ByLoriDesigns; DP - October Afternoon - Farmhouse; CS - SU Very Vanilla & Basic Black; Punches - SU Oval and Scalloped Oval, SU Border Punch; Ribbon - Michael's; Copics; Bards - Recollections

9 comments:

  1. Sending Birthday wishes to The Momma of my favorite chick!
    The card is darling. I really like the tall/long version. Nugs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely one of my favorite cards so far!!! I love the size, the image, the coloring, and of course the stitching. Awesome Job!!! It's fantastic!!!
    Hallie <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable and a cute image. Great job coloring her and matching the DSP. TFS
    Happy Birthday to your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable! Wishing I was your mom!!! She is a lucky lady. And you must have been a cutie when you were little!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Happy Birthday to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's adorable, as I'm sure you were too with those curls and overalls. Beautiful papers, colors, and design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! So cute and I like the colors used :) I'm sure she will just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot express how much I love this card. It is so fabulous! The image is adorable and the paper is gorgeous. Everything about this card is perfect. Thank you for bringing a huge smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!