Friday, November 19, 2010

What a night....


Whew, I bet Santa must take a 72 hour nap after his LOOOOOONG night on Christmas Eve. LOL!!

I've been dying to use this image so I decided to ink it up for today's Bellarific Friday card. Today's theme was a sketch from our own Cathybella.


Talk about a simple card, this was a SUPER simple card but I really like how it turned out even if it didn't take hours to complete. I decided to flip the sketch and stamped my image "Santa's clothes a dryin" from Stamping Bella onto some Bella's Bestest Paper and colored it with my Copics. I stitched the image onto some SU Basic Black and then adhered it to this DP from My Minds Eye - The Merry Days of Christmas. To finish, I tied this pretty black saddle stitched ribbon into a cute bubbly bow and added a cute little tag underneath. Super simple but super cute!!
HO-HO-HO!!

Wanna see some more fabulous ideas using this sketch? Hop on over to Blogabella and see all the entries from the Bella Babes and the sistahood too! Did you know you can win FREE Bella Bucks just for leaving a comment on Bloggabella? Uh-huh!! You sure can!! But you can win even more if you enter a card for next week's Bellarific Friday theme. Wanna give it a go? Come on... the theme next week is White. Yep, that's it! The only color on the card is the image. Hmmmm? Ok, that's a new one for me. Gonna have to give that one some serious thought!! Just email your card to emily@stampingbella.com by Thursday November 25th. Be sure to pop back in later today for a double post Friday!! Woo-hoo!! {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Rubber Stamps - Stamping Bella; DP - My Minds Eye "The Merry Days of Christmas"; CS - Bella's Bestest Paper, SU Sahara Sand & Basic Black; Ribbon - Papertrey Ink; Copics

12 comments:

  1. WOW - this is simple but very sweet. Funny how we can pass a stamp up until you see some SUPER inspiration and then you have to have it. I love the way you colored and shaded this. And flipping the sketch turned out great too. Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santa's elves must have polished his boots. Awseome shine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so so cute Jeanie ! Your colouring of the little boots is just amazing ! Gorgeous papers too... As always a delicious bow for the finishing touch... Just per-fect ! Hugs and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like super simple cards. I can do that! Cute stamp. Perfect bow. TGIF, hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable! That's a sure sign that Santa worked his butt off ;) Love it!
    TGIF!
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute - love how you flipped the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you took the original sketch and flipped it, very clever and absolutely cute !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HoHoHo what a beautiful card! Your coloring is just perfect! Your Santa will be the best dressed one!!! Like the flipped sketch too and the touch of black!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Long night? It has been a long day! Very cute card.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Damn girl, this is wicked! Love Santa's bright pants!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the panels and the stitching. It's great! Great card as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute, I love the layout of this one. I thought it was Sannie Clause???

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!