Friday, April 9, 2010

It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood....


... a beautiful day for a neighbor, Would you be mine?? Could you be mine??? LOL!!

Ok, does anyone remember Mr. Rogers? He's the only man I know that wears SWEATERS!! I think they're purty but my DH won't get anywhere near one!! Like they got cooties or sumthin! Pffft!

So today's FRIDAY... ya'll know what that means!!! Yup, it's Bellarific Friday at Bloggabella. Today's theme was a sketch by our own Danabella. That Dana's such a SUH-WEETIE!! She keeps all us Bella Babes in check!! Uh, dat's a lot of checks too!!

I decided to flip Dana's sketch and do a horizontal fold instead because I just HAD to ink up this cute stamp "Happy Neighborhood" from Stamping Bella. I needed a card for someone who just sold their house so I thought this would work perfectly!! Yay!! I stamped my image onto some Classic Crest CS and colored it with my Copics. I added some Glossy Accents to the upstairs window and sponged a little chalk ink around the edges. I matted it with SU Soft Suede and again with Classic Crest white and then stitched around the edges. This DP is from K & Co Summer Travel pack and I stitched it to the SU Soft Suede card base. I embossed another piece of SU Soft Suede and placed it to the left of the image and added the sun to complete the elements in the sketch. I finished by adding some Glamour Dust to the sun and I hand wrote the word SOLD on a scrap piece of paper and added it to the front yard. I just LOVE it! Be sure to leave a cluck below and let me know what you think. Don't forget to check out all the sistahood and Bella Babes over at Bloggabella for some great ideas using Dana's sketch.

Just a reminder for all of my lil' hens up north, Stamping Bella will have a booth at Scrapfest in Kitchener, Ontario on April 16-17. For more information click here> http://www.scrapfest.ca/

Next week's Bellarific Friday theme is FREE FORM!! Whoooooeeeeeee!!! LOVEEEEE FREE FORM FRIDAY! Hope you hens have a great day and I'll see ya back in the coop tomorrow, k?
{{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Stamps - Happy Neighborhood from Stamping Bella; DP - K & Company; CS - SU Soft Suede, Classic Crest Solar White; Glamour Dust; Copics; Glossy Accents

15 comments:

  1. Love it, it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Jeanie! I love your sun and the sweet houses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanie--I would love to be your neighbor! We could get together and stamp, and I could borrow your designer paper:) Card is so cute! Your blog is always a great way for me to start my morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute card - and every week you make me want the Bella stamp you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love these houses!1 My husband is the exact same way.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teh PERFECT card for the event. Yes I do remember Mr. Rogers (bless his heart) My boys watched his show daily. (Tells my age) LOL. Happy Friday hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the flipped image & the sold sign this is fantastic & yes I remember Mr Rogers....

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable card. Love the colors and the sun with its sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this bright and cheery card! Great DP!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just lovely Jeannie,I love the colours and how you've bought them all together.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely little neighbourhood with that gorgeous big sun shining on it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job with the sketch. Who would've thought of using a big old sun. I also love the forsale sign, just so clever you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shut the front door! This card rocks! So cute and loved how you flipped it!
    :) Rach

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved Mr. Rogers! Great neighborhood. Your grass is great as always. Love the spot of light in the window and the sparkles on the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing!! love it and love everything I have seen tonight. One hour of drooling, and writing and I may be just about caught up? Love the sun and sold sign!! You are one smart cookie...i mean chicken!!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!