Monday, November 16, 2009

Stamping Bella's SUH-WEET Shop!


Now what could be better than something SUH-WEET on a Monday morning? I am just thrilled with how this card turned out. I wanted to create a candy store window and I think I came pretty close don't you? This little stamp is "candy jar with holly" from Stamping Bella and it comes with two sentiments. I used the "sweet wishes" on the candy label. I stamped my candy jar and sentiment onto some Classic Crest CS and colored with my Copics. I matted it with some DCWV burgundy CS and put a tranparency sheet over top and then stitched around the edges to create the window look! I picked up this American Crafts DP at Michael's during my shopping spree this past Wednesday (hey, I HAD to pick up something for myself!), and I just love all the embossed papers in it. Oh, and I got the ribbon there as well. Isn't that silver edging cool? I thought it went really well with the chocolate in these papers too. I matted the DP with the same burgundy CS and then stitched around the edges and adhered to the card base of SU Chocolate Chip. I punched the edge of a coordinating peice of paper from the pack with my Martha Stewart border punch for the awning and then stitched the top edge and scored a fold a little further down so it would stick out a little over the window. SUH-WEET huh?? Ok, be sure to leave a comment below and let me know what you think of Christmas card #36. I see the light at the end of the tunnel!!! Yay! Have a great day!!

Supplies:
Stamps - Candy jar with holly from Stamping Bella; CS - Classic Crest, SU Chocolate Chip, DCWV Burgundy; Transparency; Copics; Ribbon; DP - American Crafts Merrymint

The theme for this week's Bellarific Friday is Anything Bella! I loveee my Bellas!! Come on and play along this Friday. I'm SURE you have a Bella, right? Just make a card with her and send to Emily via email. Check out all the details over at Bloggabella. You could win some cool Bella Bucks! Howz dat??? Yeah baby!! Who doesn't want some FREE stamps???

8 comments:

  1. What a cute candy card for christmas.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. SWEET !!!! I am loving the canopy over the sweet shop window and the delisious bow. Yummy. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. It does look like a candy shop window. I love that yummy brown ribbon.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you should be thrilled...this is SUPER FABULOUS!!!! I LOVE the awning and the 'glass' window!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors and the awning, it looks like a candy shop. Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, I love how it looks like a window.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic job. You know right away that it is a store window. Love the awning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just SO clever and SO cute. I must try it as well, if that's okay!?

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!