Thursday, August 13, 2009

If the broom fits!!

Ha! Don't ya just love this card?? Oh my, as soon as I saw this set over at the Doodle Factory I just had to have it. Did I mention I LOOOOVVVVEEE Halloween? Isn't she a hoot!!


And do you see what I got over the weekend??? Yup, the new Martha Stewart spider web border and corner punches. I couldn't believe that Michael's had them. I got the last corner punch so I felt pretty lucky. They do make a nice mat, don't they? Oh, and if you have any of these punches, I found that in order to get them to make a perfect square or rectangle, you have to cut your paper at a minimum of 3 1/4" and go up in 1 3/4" increments from there. Example: 3 1/4" x 5" or like for my card, I used a 5" x 5" square.
For the card base, I started with a piece of purple cardstock and layered some lime green Bazzil Bling CS on top. Then I layered the SU Basic Black piece punched with my new spider web punches. The DP is from K & Company and I picked it up last year at my LSS. This paper is SO cool. It's flocked and it really looks like a night sky doesn't it? I stamped my witch with some Momento Tuxedo Black and colored her with my Copics. I added a little Stickles to the stars and then adhered a few dimensionals to make her pop off the sky! I stamped the sentiment from the set onto the same purple cardstock and added a button with some lime green thread and she's all set! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think of her. Have a great day!

Supplies:
Rubber Stamps - DoodleFactory; CS - SU Basic Black, Bazzil Bling; Copics; DP - K & Company; Punch - Martha Stewart Spider Web Border & Corner; Button

6 comments:

  1. I love here!!! You did an awesome job.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahha!! I have this witch too Jeanie, but she's yet to see ink....not for long though! :) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you got your web punches. Love the look. Great job on coloring. That paper does look like the night sky.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Cute, I love her face and the MS spiderweb punch. Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, if this isn't the neatest holloween card I ever seen! What detail and I love the colors. Great work. Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  6. She just does fit on that broom.(heehee) love it. Teresa(Sis)

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!